The Guava tree

It is September, cloudy sky, chilly and grey
My Guava tree flowered
and started to fruit
I counted many, midst the leaves
missed many too (Samu always finds a new one!)

Fruits were sweet
My cousins took away many
I wondered....this tree grew silently
with no conditions of will
Free and with a little care

Today, it wants to repay
to people who cared
to soil which fed her
to birds which entertained her with their pretty dances and gossips
and to the bandit squirrels who played on her branches

I admire her stillness
She taught me a lesson of life
To be still, so you can flower, so you can fruit
with no conditions of will
Free, silent, beautiful and alive

Comments

Meenu said…
Beautiful! Lovely poem and lovely sentiments!!

Popular posts from this blog

Google made the engine, let me make the train!

Divine Whip

Madhumad Sarang