I should have listened to my uncle when he asked me not to buy this whip. I didnt believe quite then that the whip had dark powers and could trouble the inner balances of oneself. I bought it because it looked so lovely. A whip in the form of a cobra. Just 200 years ago almost all objects had gods on them. Nut Crackers, Utensils, Furniture, Bullock Cart, Houses were smeared with the gods. Todays satellites too! as the belief still remains. Poojas & rituals has remained but the ideas of shapes derived from the gods have almost dissappeared. Todays objects dont have gods even in some new temples. I didnt listen to my uncle when he said that to buy this whip requires a special ritual and only the farmer who uses should buy. Socially it made complete sense but modern me simply dismissed the logic. I was eager to show it to my professors and make it an object of study as it contained nuiances of ritualistic mysticism, godly forms, ritual object, post modern interest etc etc. It was simp...
Comments
I was looking for some text about the movie... but it was only finally i understood... everything was there in the picture itself...
thanks... for the review...
Havent seen it...but seems like worth investing only 30 bucks on the pirated DVD market in bangalore?
Blog is shaping up nicely! keep it up...will try to visit once in a while:)