Uncomfordable capabilities

I admit, i am a great fan of Google's vast array of ideas, i love the blogger (acquired), gmail (old idea), search (old again).......when it comes to personal stuff like pictures and videos, i feel very uncomfortable..... ( I accept, i am not a smart user!)

1) I downloaded the G+ app and started exploring it, while i activated the instant upload (had no clue what it would do)....after a while i was shocked to see all my private pictures from my phone instantly uploading to the cloud and getting displayed in G+ photos section! God heavens! Sorry i don't like it! I tried deactivating it through my phone and it just did not work! I freaked out!

2) Before i tried the 'hang out' i just explored it (UI still not very easy). I saw comments of few people which were abusive and demoralizing! This guy will never come back to Hangout! Wondered if people are so abusive or just that abusive people are more on the internet! Public spaces all over the world have become more abusive than ever, it is for sure! Many unhappy souls! Cant do much about it, till governments make them happy!

3) Hangout was a dumb experience! I tried joining an open hangout, i didn't even start a conversation, i moved out of the hangout and my profile got attached to the hangout thread! Now my mark as an attendee will stay in history! Not fair at all!

My experience!

1) I removed G+ app from my phone, it is too intrusive!
2) I am not starting any hangout, lots of abusive people around!


My due respects to the person in the image

I hope Google realizes the depth of the pain caused to such people. These are complex things to solve and your algo's are not capable of solving them. Needs a human perspective.

Comments

Meenu said…
Though I havent done 1, 2, or 3, I completely agree with your assessment. I would have freaked out too if all the pics I took were being uploaded to my social networking profile. Ive seen an ad on TV for G+ app, which puts a very positive spin on the whole automatic upload. This new dad takes a million pics of his son on his iphone and then promptly loses his phone. He is devastated until he realises that all his photos were 'safe' on his G+ profile.
Im sure there are people who dont mind, infact like to have their personal lives open to all their friends and acquaintances and G+ ap is good for them. For others like me, its best to save pics in 'My Picture' on my PC and share only the ones I want to.
The hangout experience sounds awful...especially seeing the comments on that guys profile. You are right. Under the cloak of anonymity, a lot of people show a nasty side.

Popular posts from this blog

Google made the engine, let me make the train!

Divine Whip

Madhumad Sarang