Forbidden Temple







Unkal is a small village adjoining the city of Hubli. I regularly visit my aunt and love to move around the village. People are occupied with farming and some getting adjusted to the city culture around and all engaged into their daily chores. One can hear the "thut thut" sound of the making of the rotis (bhakris) and the cry of children all around. My cousin once mentioned about an old temple right in the middle of the village but didnt had any access to reach. I was naturally curious as well as excited to see it. We crossed the huts and passages and unbelievingly bumped at this astonishing piece of Indian Architecture - The Chandra Mouleshwar Temple. These days I am no more interested in the history which feels like huge burden of stories never experienced rather I was overwhelmed buy the expressive temple. It shouted elegant stone work, stories and well crafted. The temple of shiva was a delight to watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google made the engine, let me make the train!

Divine Whip

Madhumad Sarang